IMPORTANT: CMSS Re-opening Delayed
Unfortunately, as you are aware, following the rising of the infection rate of the Delta variant, from the 21st of June, there will be a 4-week pause at Step 3 of the governments roadmap. After 2 weeks, the government will review the data to see if the risks have reduced. It is expected that England will move to Step 4 on 19th July. In line with the government guidelines CMSS will be looking at reopening not before the 19th of July.
CMSS is committed to reopening as soon as possible but given the current situation we, together with the trustees have come to the view that the 19th of July would be the earliest possible date we can consider. In reaching this decision we have considered the following, with safety always our priority:
✔ We want to reopen fully offering clients their usual daily hours; this will create certainty for both clients and carers, many of whom also have other daily commitments.
✔ Most clients should have had their second vaccination; and therefore, we can return as one bubble.
✔ The situation/risks regarding the new Delta variants and local infection rates should be clearer.
✔ In reaching this decision we have established that no client or carer needs emergency respite relief during the next month.
We will write to you all with 2 weeks’ notice on the confirmed date of our opening, whilst further answering any queries you may have had regarding our reopening.